Wednesday, August 15, 2012

     I thought that I would give an update of my status at this present time.  I think that overall, for me, I am doing pretty damn good!  Parts of this summer were very hard because I had days where I had flashbacks, bad memories, and even auditory hallucinations.  But  I have been able to cope with these things very well.  Yes, I cried, at times, but I did not want to die.  I'd get knocked down, but I'd get up amazingly well.  It has been this way since I got out of the hospital, in January.  Before, in my life, I would fall apart over every upset, and not know how to put myself back together.  Now I have been granted some type of power, it feels like, a power of great strength.  And I realize that I have been given a blessing, that I will forever treasure.
     It took decades to reach this point, 26 years of counseling, 26 years at different medication attempts, a year of Electro-Convulsive Therapy, numerous hospitalizations, and the prayers and love of many wonderful people.  I'm not saying that I will ever be cured, but I came to a revelation that life is good and I must really try to live it to it's fullest.
     I want to thank the people that love me, and thank God, for giving me strength to persevere.  Nothing I say, will ever be able to thank them enough.

2 comments :

  1. Life is like building a house on the beach. Eventually you realize that you can't stop storms from coming. You can learn to build the house better each time you rebuild it. Eventually you can ride the storms out.

    ReplyDelete