Friday, June 14, 2013

     It has been awhile since I have written.  Life is going relatively well.   Part of me, is very happy, that warm weather and sunshine, may finally be approaching New England.  But the other part of me, remembers the summers of past, and how I felt.  Summer is hard, because I cannot forget my summers, spent down south, with that evil, despicable, perverted man, who once called himself my father.  He was so cold, so mean, so sick.  And I will never forget, the things he did to me, and how he threw me away, like a piece of trash, and destroyed my relationship with my little half-brother and little half-sister, when I finally spoke up about his abuse, to protect them.
      So far, I am doing OK, I'm not depressed, I'm not delusional, I'm not paranoid, I'm not having auditory hallucinations.  I feel happy a lot of the time.  But still, over the past few months, I am not sleeping well, and I am not eating well.  And I am worried, about when the weather becomes really hot, because it seems to set off my PTSD, giving me nightmares and flashbacks.
     All I can do is take life one day at a time, and when it gets really hard, take it one minute at a time.  I am blessed to have a wonderful husband, who will support me, if life gets too hard for me.  I also have some great friends, who stand by me, and an awesome therapist, and psychiatrist. And I have an audience of readers, who have encouraged me, with their comments, giving me motivation to persevere in life.  For these things I am eternally thankful.
   

2 comments :

  1. Hi Chris, Good lord, what your dad put you and your brothers through... Your postings are a great way to decipher your past to put pieces together in what you feel is a practical way to move on.
    Chris, your pain needs to stop. Only him and his evil leaves if you shut the door, and turn away, turn away... Next time you see him or his acts, shut the door,Turn away spread your wings an FLY like an Angel.And i do mean FLY!
    Look to find your pasture and lay a spell. Sip some cool water from the stream and smell the flowers and plants around you and smile.

    Many people love and care for you and that's what is the true matter for you going forward.

    The street word is: FUCK EM! or Whatever...

    Howie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howie,
      I have read your comment several times, and it is such a beautiful sentiment. It has made me tear up. Thank you, for your inspiration.

      Delete