Sunday, March 16, 2014

     It has been a rough couple of days for me.  I am dealing with some work problems, that are leaving me feeling disheartened about my job.  It's true, I am starting to long for more, job-wise, but I have been at my job for 5 1/2 years, and I have felt very comfortable there.  I am great at my job, and up until recently, I loved working there. I don't want to be forced into making a move.  I don't handle changes well.
     Frankie and I went to church this morning.  It is Lent, and the parishioners were asked if they would like to light a candle and say a prayer.  I had several prayers in my mind, but I did not want to go light a candle.
I realized that I was angry at God, for letting me feel that my emotions were spiraling, once again.  I felt that too many sad, bad things were happening in the world and in my life.
     The tears started falling down my cheeks and I could not stop them.  And then I found myself praying, asking God to make my tears stop, and then telling Him everything that I wanted to pray about.

1 comment :

  1. I believe true worship is not demonstrated in the praise of our lips when all is well but through the tears of pain when we turn to Him.

    ReplyDelete