Tuesday, January 22, 2013

     After my last blog entry, I thought that I was doing better, but it only lasted a few days.   I saw my psychiatrist on January 14, because I felt anxious.  She lowered one mild anti-anxiety medication dosage, because I didn't feel that it was working, and she prescribed me a stronger tranquilizer.  But 2 days later, I felt depressed.  I didn't want to go to work, my job felt too overwhelming, which made no sense because I have a non-challenging job, and I love to work.
I was irritable, sleeping more, and feeling unlike myself.
     Finally yesterday, I crashed hard.  I started to cry at work, so I went to the ladies room thinking I would cry it out and go back to work.  But instead, I could not stop crying and someone must have heard me.  Before I knew it, I was surrounded by people, having to explain that I was very depressed.
     The managers and staff were supportive, thank God.  My co-worker and friend drove me home.  My boss had told me that if I needed time off, it was OK.  I was so thankful for their kindness, but also embaressed to have other people see me break down.
      I talked to my psychiatrist this morning, and she is increasing one of my anti-depressants, and if that doesn't work she will increase one of my other medications.  But she is confident that I will feel better soon and should be able to return to work next Monday.

4 comments :

  1. Please make sure you realize that all of your co-workers are fully supportive of you and will do whatever is necessary to help you in any way we can. Don't think for a moment that there is anything but loving feelings from all of us. Take however long you feel is needed to get back on track. We will welcome you back with open arms (as I always do anyway) when you are ready and the car is warming up. Prayers are on their way for you. X O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys are so awesome, thank you so much. ((HUGS))

      Delete