Sunday, September 22, 2013

     My husband, Frankie, is in China, at this time, on a business trip.  I thought of going with him, but it would have cost thousands of dollars. Also, the management, at his company, seemed negative, on spouses, attending this trip.
     I cried several times, and asked him not to go, during the days leading up to his departure.  I even feel a bit angry at him, because, he has left me all alone.  Part of me feels abandoned.
      For the most part, however, I am actually coping very well.  I have been seeing friends, I went to church today, with a friend.  My mother is planning to come down from Maine, to spend a couple of days with me, and I will be working, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
      This is truly a test of my inner child, who has rarely, experienced being alone 24 / 7.
      But, it gets worrisome, because, Frankie, is staying near Hong Kong, where there is a Typhoon expected, or already occurring.  I am trying to remain calm, but you just never know, how bad a storm is really going to be.
       In church today, I asked the Pastor and congregations for prayers for Frankie.  In truth, my thoughts are confused, my emotions don't know what to think.  All I know is that I miss my Frankie, and want him to come home safely.

1 comment :

  1. I love you baby, thank god you did not get stuck in the aftermath of ANOTHER storm like what happened with Sandy last year. This travel is EXHAUSTING and I am lonely and I miss you.

    ReplyDelete