Monday, December 2, 2013

     Life has been going pretty well for me, at this point.   My wonderful husband took me on another adventure, in late November.  It did have a couple of tear-filled moments, but it was wonderful, nonetheless.
     We rented a little log cabin again, in the Berkshires of Massachusetts.  There was no television, or internet, or phone service in our cabin, only electricity and a wood stove.  Honestly, this escape, was amazingly restful.
     During our stay, we went to 3 museums, the Yankee Candle Village, a pub, and also a local restaurant / lounge.  My husband drove us hundreds of miles to view the beautiful landscape and mountains.  We even drove through Vermont.  My husband cooked our meals, over a fire, and we listened to a lot of favorite music, through an iPad.  It was magical, and even snowed while we were there.
     Like I said before, there were tears, from me, on 2 occasions.  On one particular day, we went to a museum, and then went to lunch.  My husband drove us to another Museum, to visit, and I broke down.  "I can't do this", I said.  I had had enough stimulation and excitement in one day.  I discovered that I am a "2 place"  kind of person.  When it comes to anything, that I consider very stimulating, even basic shopping errands, I am totally done, after going to 2 places.  After this, I desire to return to my "cocoon", my home, where I feel comforted and safe.  So, we returned to the 2nd museum, on another day, which worked out well.
     And on the last day of our little cabin stay, I cried again.  I did not want to leave the beautiful experience of our little cabin stay in the woods.  I felt like a little kid and was very surprised by the fact that I broke down.  But my wonderful husband explained it to me in his wonderful way.  "You were starting to feel so safe here, so at-home, in our little log cabin.  Of course you don't want to leave", he said.
 

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for sharing this honey, I love your description about not wanting to leave!!

    ReplyDelete