Monday, June 9, 2014

     Wow!!  It has been more than 3 weeks, since I have written.  That, is a long time for me.
My work situation has changed.  About a than a month ago, I received a telephone call, from the manager of the supermarket, where I work.  It was a Saturday morning, and the manager demanded that I have my Family Leave Act application in, by Monday morning, or I would be terminated..  I told her that it didn't give my Psychiatrist enough time to fill it out.  Honestly, I had no idea, that I even needed to fill out such paperwork.  The store manager was on a warpath with me.  I finally started crying, during this phone call, and said:  "Look, I'm really sick right now, I don't need this hassle".  She replied:  "Then you should have no problem getting the paperwork in".  I later found out that Human Resources, came down on her, hard, before she spoke to me, because, she hadn't informed me of the Family Leave Act paperwork, in time.
     I submitted the Family Leave Act paperwork, only to find out, that I didn't qualify for it, anyways, because, I don't work enough hours.  So, the manager demanded that I submit another form instead.  So, I had to go back to my Psychiatrist again, so she could fill it out.
     When my Psychiatrist decided, that I could finally return to work, I went back, to learn, that they had given my job, in the Meat Dept, to someone else, a week before.  I cried and cried, and learned that they were putting me in the Deli, to stock products.  I told them, that I could not use a slicer, because my medications impair me.  My Psychiatrist backs me up, on this fact.
    So far my job in the Deli, is OK, but after the threat of being terminated, just a few weeks ago, I expect to lose my job, at any moment.  I had about 10 years work experience, in a Meat Dept...now, I'm working with a lot of cheese.  And I don't really like cheese.

No comments :

Post a Comment