Tuesday, July 22, 2014

     I felt completely miserable for a few weeks after quitting my job.  My sleep cycle was wrecked.  I never wanted to eat.  I was crying a lot.   I felt hostile towards my husband.  I couldn't really help my friends that were in need of help.  I was pissed off at the world. Just  totally depressed.
     When I saw my therapist and psychiatrist last week, however, things began to change.  My psychiatrist increased my Seroquel dosage.  I am still adjusting to it, but it does make me feel quite drunk.  It does take away a lot of my anxiety and irritability, though.  Eventually, I will adjust to it.
     Both my therapist and psychiatrist felt that I had made the right decision in quitting my job and getting out of that toxic environment.  I felt depressed because, I loved working there up until the end.  I love to work, period.  So I was in mourning, basically.
     I felt angry at my husband, I couldn't even look him in the eyes.  I was angry, because I felt guilty, that I no longer had my income from the supermarket to provide. I felt guilty because I was so depressed, that he had to take care of me.  I was contemplating jumping off the edge of the Earth.
     I don't feel that way now, thanks to the good Lord, and the wonderful people that He put in my life.  I am starting to feel pretty good again.   Soon, I will try to find another occupation.   I am still having bad dreams about work, though.  But, they will disappear, in time.
     I just want to say thank you, to everyone who supported me and prayed for me.

No comments :

Post a Comment