Thursday, June 11, 2015

#129 Dear Lord........Written May 8, 1998

Dear Lord, when I am warmed, by Your Son, and the beauty of life, please hear my silent praises of
       inner-peace and joy,
Dear Lord, when the night becomes dark, and I am alone, with only You, please enjoy my
       thoughts, and hear my prayers,
Dear Lord, when I am lost in turmoil and grief, and wary of faith, please soothe my cries, hear my
        pleas, and calm my soul,
Dear Lord, when I am overwhelmed with sadness, anger or terror, please hold my soul, and spend
        these fearful moments with me, You are the One, I need most to guide me,
Dear Lord, when I feel joy, bliss and ecstacy, please spend these wonderful moments with me,
         You are the One, I most want to spend them with.

4 comments :

  1. Christine - I love this prayer. What a great mixture of joy and sorrow; and ultimately depending on God. I pray to have that kind of faith for myself; and for you, too.

    ReplyDelete