Tuesday, July 10, 2012

     Yesterday, while waiting at the Lowell Train Station, I had an interesting, spiritual experience.  I think that I heard the voice of God.  But he spoke to me intuitively, not in a booming tone as one might expect.
     I had just taken the train to Lowell, a city with a large drug population, lots of crime and inexcusable poverty.  I walked over to a bench to wait for my husband to pick me up and noticed a weary sad-eyed young woman, who looked to be in her young twenties.  Something inside me...the voice of God, I believe, told me to speak to her.  "Hi!  How are you?", I said.  She replied with: "I want to go home."  "I can't go home..."  I said: "Why not?"  She said: "I have no money for the train".  Without even thinking....the voice of God, I believe, told me to say:  "I'll give it to you...how much do you need?  She proceeded to tell me that she had just gotten out of jail for drugs and wanted to get out of Lowell for good, to get away from it all.  All the while she had tears in her eyes.
    I gave her the money and questioned myself, wondering if I had done the right thing.  But I watched her as she bought a train ticket, and not drugs.  She came back to sit beside me and thanked me profusely.  I said:  "The only thing I want you to do is help someone else, in need, someday.  That's how the world should be.  And try to stay away from drugs."  She nodded her head, tearfully.
     Did I really hear God speak to me or is this some delusion?  I prefer to believe that it really was the voice of God.  And if I got scammed, it only cost me a local train ticket.,
   

12 comments :

  1. Oh, hunny, you heard the voice of god alright. When we are moved by compassion (not pity or shame) we are Divinely inspired. What a blessing you are!
    Cera

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great story, I am glad you listened to GOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you heard whatever you believe.....God? Your Own Inner Voice? You are a gift from the Universe....you have a Great Heart and a giving spirit....You are a wonderful Soul...and she is better off to have met you...even if, for just a second. You, More than likely, have just changed a person's whole life with a single, Kind Gesture. You are Great! <3

    Lisa B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for helping me to believe in myself, Lisa!

      Delete
  4. To Folingo, Cera, and Lisa B...You have all brought me to tears of joy with your kind, wonderful comments. I do not always feel worthy, and today was a difficult day for me. You have helped me so much and changed my insights. I am grateful to have such wonderful friends like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow <3 How awesome ! Thanks Chris... You are an Inspiration <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one of the sweetest people I know. Most people ignore those around them. Especially because we all zone out on our smart phones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe that everything happens because of a higher power (God perhaps). As human beings I think we will never be able to comprehend the true meaning of God. Our brains just don't have the capacity. Enough of my personal thoughts on that subject.

    When you decided to talk with the young lady at the train station that was a HUGE christian thing! Not many people would have even considered that much less actually do it. Kudos to you darling. What you did was wonderful, I hope I would have done the same. Even if she only stayed sober/straight for the train ride you did her a wonderful favor. If she is still clean you can take comfort in the fact that YOU helped her. If she isn't then you can still be proud of the fact that you showed her that there are compassionate people in this world.

    X O

    ReplyDelete