Friday, April 19, 2013

     One week ago, on a cold, rainy, windy Friday, I went to my doctor's appointment, by public transportation, only to be told that my appointment was for the following Friday.  I told them that I was very upset because they gave me inaccurate information.  So, they agreed to see me 2 days ago, and I had a successful visit with my own physician.  Last week, my psychiatrist called and prescribed me a drug called Neurontin.  It has helped me to get some sleep, and has taken away the intensity, severity, and frequency of my hot flashes.  My physician feels that this is the right course for me also.
     But, my psychiatrist also weaned me off of Risperidol, an anti-psychotic medication, and since I stopped taking it, I don't feel right.  I feel weepy, and a bit hostile.  I feel like telling everybody else to "fuck off", and to leave me alone.  I feel a bit lost, a bit empty inside.  I'm wondering if I'm going through some kind of  drug withdrawal.  If so, I'll ride it out, I want to take as few medications as possible.  I don't want to go back to taking it.
     I can't get in touch with my doctor though.  All of Boston is shut down because they are trying to catch the remaining living marathon bomber.  I live 15 minutes from Boston, so I have done a lot of praying today.
     I can't help but wonder if the marathon bomber situation may be affecting me somewhere beneath it all.  I did wake up at 4 AM and began immediately watching the news.  I did, however pry myself away from the television for 6 hours, and did volunteer work at my church.  I am listening to music now, my favorite band, The Moody Blues, I don't want to watch the news.
     On Monday, if I do not feel better, I will try to call my psychiatrist again.  Please pray for the people of Boston.

No comments :

Post a Comment