Tuesday, August 6, 2013

    Many years ago, when my soul was lost, God spoke to me.  You may find this hard to believe.  Even I found it to be quite amazing.
     I don't remember where I was, or what I was doing, at that moment, when God spoke, because I was so shocked, but His message to  me, was "Have strength".  Because of this special moment, in my life, I have a lot of faith in God.
     I have had a couple of interesting comments recently, made by friends, regarding my faith in God.
     One woman, who is a born-again Christian, told me that I could not possibly have heard the voice of God, that it must have been an invasive spirit, that spoke to me. She tried to tell me, that this message was not in accordance, with what the Bible says, so therefore it could have been the devil, who spoke to me.
      Another friend, who is an atheist, tried to tell me that the voice, that I heard, came from within my own mind, that it wasn't the voice of God.  He said that religion was a crutch for the weak.
       There have been times when I have hallucinated, when I have been delusional, but I will NEVER question the voice of God, that I heard.
       Why is it so hard for people to accept, that even me, a person with problems, PTSD, and Schizoaffective Disorder, would be spoken to by God?
        Finally, I talked to my Pastor Judy about it.  And she told me, that since "Have strength", was such a positive message, that it was undoubtedly, the voice of God, who reached out to me, in such a time of need.
        I am not trying to say, that I am super-special, because God has spoken to me.  I am just trying to say, that it is not fair, or nice, of anyone to question my faith, and tell me that I am wrong.  And I am far from weak for having Christianity in my life.  I am, in fact the strongest person that I know.
     

No comments :

Post a Comment