Saturday, August 31, 2013

     My husband, took me away to The Berkshires, in Massachusetts, for our vacation.  We stayed in a little log cabin, in a state park, in the middle of the forest, with electricity, a wood stove, and no indoor plumbing in our cabin.  We were right in the middle of Bear Country.
     The first night was hard for me, because, I worried about bears breaking into our little cabin.  And in the darkness, my mind wandered, back to when I was a little girl, when horrible things, occurred in the darkness.  Things, I still cannot talk about in detail.  Crimes committed by my own father.  No matter how I try, I don't think that I will ever forget it.
      The day time however, was just bliss.  My husband cooked meals over the fire for us, the food was incredible.  He took me for long drives through the mountains.  We went to Yankee Candle, where I made my own candle.  I bought moccasins, at a Native American store, also.  They are so well-made and comfortable on my feet. 
      We visited a couple of working farms also, where I made friends with calves, and purchased real maple syrup.
       What was most wonderful, was that I got to spend days alone with my husband, with no television, no telephone or internet interruptions.  
       I came back feeling more refreshed than I had in years, decades even.   I would fully recommend a vacation in the woods, if so needed.  
                                                                                                                                                      
      

No comments :

Post a Comment