Wednesday, October 30, 2013

     In case, you are new at reading my blog entitled "My Uncomfortable Mind", I will tell you a little about it.
I have been writing it for more than a year, and it contains 80, very personal journal entries about my life.
What makes it so personal, is that I have Schizoaffective Disorder, & Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
     Schizoaffective Disorder, is often classified as a Mood Disorder, because it affects a person's mood. People who live with it, suffer from depression, or BiPolar Disorder.  Sometimes, however, it is classified as a form of Schizophrenia, because it also causes psychotic symptoms, such as hallucinations, delusions, paranoia, etc.  Basically, its a double whammy.
     My PTSD, is caused by childhood abuse.  This includes verbal, emotional, physical, and sexual abuse.
I am also a survivor of domestic abuse.
      Over the decades, I have evolved, through the support of Psychiatrists, Therapists, Supports groups, hospitals, peers, and many types of psychoactive medications.  The journey has been so difficult, but now, I am willing to conquer the struggles.  In past years, I wanted so badly, to give up, and "throw in the towel", as they say.
     Now that I am stronger, I started this blog, for several reasons.
I want other people, who suffer like me, to realize that they are not alone in the world.
I want "normal" people to see into the mind, of someone who battles illnesses of the emotions and mind, and learn from this.
I want to bring awareness to the illnesses of Schizoaffective Disorder & PTSD.
And I want to soothe my own mind, by releasing my thoughts and experiences.
     I hope that you will read it, and share it around the world.  Pretty Please?!

No comments :

Post a Comment