Tuesday, January 14, 2014

     Although, I have had sleep issues, the past week & weekend went pretty well.  I whistled & hummed happily away, as I worked.  I was feeling happy & thankful to have my job.
    On Friday afternoon, I went to lunch with two friends.  On Saturday & Sunday, we socialized with friends, as well.  I was feeling very happy.
     This morning, it changed.  I woke up with sore lungs, probably from my asthma.  I am coughing and overall, feeling uncomfortable.  I can't seem to wake up from sleepiness.  I also feel, caught in my own little world.  I feel as if I am trapped in a glass box, watching out at the world.
     I first felt the tears coming, when I had been up for about about an hour.  I felt helpless and couldn't keep from crying.  I got dressed, and took my medications, but I just can't seem to eat today.
     I called out from work, when I admitted to myself that I was an emotional mess.  I knew that every little thing would set off my tears, if I went to work.  On more than one occasion, I have had to leave work, because I could not stop crying.  It simply made no sense, to go to work when I am both physically and emotionally unwell.
     I have come to realize over time, that when my body is sick, and my defenses are down,that my mind suffers also.  It's a frustrating, painful experience.
     On days like this, I am trying to learn to just relax at home.  It is hard for me to take care of my ill body, when my ill mind doesn't want to.  All I want to do is cry.
      I will get through this, as I have, for all of my life.  I will keep reminding myself, that this is only temporary.

No comments :

Post a Comment