Friday, January 24, 2014

     As you may have read, I was ill with pneumonia, last week.  It was a long, tiring, uncomfortable experience.  Physically, I was really sick, and I found myself way too overly emotional.  Towards the end, I was prescribed Prednisone, a steroid, which has, in the past, made me rather unstable.  This time, the Prednisone caused insomnia in me.  It wasn't until they prescribed me, cough syrup with codeine, that the pain went away, and I was able to sleep through the night. I am so thankful, that I am feeling a lot better, now.
      I went back to work 3 days ago.  I will admit, that even though I am only working 5 hour days, I am wiped out by the end of my shift.  I was supposed to go to my volunteer job, at my church, today, and I just couldn't do it.  Thankfully, the office manager, who is also a good friend, is a very understanding person.
      At this point, however, emotionally, I am doing very well.  It amazes me, how I can be so happy at points, yet so very depressed, at other points.
     As the time goes by, I am realizing what hope lies ahead of me.  Just 2 years ago, I felt that I had no purpose in life.  I felt so unsuccessful, so unworthy.
     Now, however, I am spreading my story throughout the planet, quite literally.  "My Uncomfortable Mind", is my purpose in life.  By writing this blog, I want people who suffer from mental illness and/or PTSD to realize, that they are not alone in this world.  I want people to realize that there is hope for people who suffer from these disorders.  And I want people to see into my mind and feelings and realize that even though I am a survivor of Schizoaffective Disorder & PTSD, I am a total, living, human being, and not just some "crazy" person.
     I have come a long way, in life.  There is hope for me, and there is hope for our brothers & sisters, out in the world who suffer from mind illnesses.

No comments :

Post a Comment