Monday, January 6, 2014

     It is just after 3:30 AM, as I write this.  I originally, got out of bed at about 2:15 AM.   This happens a lot, in my life, these days, or rather, nights, I should say.
     Most nights, I have at least one bad dream...some nights, the dreams are horrifying.   This is because I have PTSD.
      I take medication to help me sleep, but unfortunately, it doesn't keep me asleep all night long.  Honestly, I'm afraid, to take any more medication.  I think that sleep disorders often go hand in hand with mental disorders.  For many years, I have taken sleep medication.  But it got worse, when I started peri-menopause.
      So, I have a very odd sleep schedule.....sometimes, in the days, I fall asleep with no warning, and end up sleeping most of the day & night.  Sometimes, I wake up at stupid-o'clock in the morning and stay up, until I fall asleep, in the very early evening.
     But I will say one thing about being up in the wee early morning hours....It is so quiet, so peaceful.  I often feel closest to the Lord at this hour, and find myself praying sometimes.  It is becoming so easy, to treasure this time.

No comments :

Post a Comment