Sunday, May 6, 2012

     My name is Christine and I am almost 45 years old.  This is my very first blog.  I am writing because I feel like I am living in a closet.  But I am not gay, I am mentally ill, I have Schizoaffective Disorder.  I also have PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder).  Not many people know this about me.  I have been fearful of "coming out", because, frankly, the human population has not always been kind to people with mental illness.   But isn't it time that we come to accept all of our bothers & sisters, regardless of their differences?

3 comments :

  1. Thank you for being brave enough to share this with the rest of us. Our society does not habdle mental illness well. Mental illness is treated like a contagious disease. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete