Friday, May 11, 2012

     I should probably tell you a little about myself.  I have been described by friends as "sweet", "kind", and "quiet".  I love animals, art, children, and life itself on the good days.  I have been married to Frank for 18 years and he is the most supportive person I have  ever met.  Our marriage has had some rocky points, but it gets better every day.  It was rocky because I was such a lost soul, for years, I was not on the right medicine and for years I didn't know how to battle my illness.  As my mind gets better, so does my marriage.  But one thing I know, my husband loves, loves, loves me, regardless of my illness.  I thought I would never have that.  We tried to have children when we were younger, but when I turned 40, I decided that I would stop trying.  I think that God knew that children would have been too big of a challenge for me.  So we have 2 house cats to love and spoil.

 I was raised primarily by my mother, my parents divorced when I was a toddler, Thank God.  My father is a sick, evil man who committed crimes of horrific nature against me and my mother.  He has other children but when I exposed him for sexually abusing me, I was no longer allowed contact with them.  It broke my heart.  And the police said that too much time had gone by for me to press charges because of the FUCKING statute of limitations.  And it was my word against his, they said.  Sometimes there really is no justice, at least not here on Earth.

 I attended vocational school for high school and attended Boston University for a year but dropped out because I was overwhelmed, going to school full-time, working full-time and battling depression.  I've since taken college courses at Harvard University Extension School and have done very well, but going back to school full-time just isn't going to happen, it's too much stress for me.  I have had a variety of interesting jobs, working with animals, working in colleges, working in the Biotechnology field, but for now I have a low-stress  job in a supermarket, part-time, and I LOVE it.  I also do volunteer work at my church regularly.  But I was told by my Doctor, not to work full-time anymore, when I was 36.  Believe it or not, having to retire at that age sucks.  I love to work.  And I cannot drive a car....I hit things.

1 comment :

  1. Thank you for sharing this. It takes great strength to discuss these things and it is so important to let others know they are not alone and that you CAN survive and even thrive!!

    ReplyDelete