Saturday, March 16, 2013

     So far, I have written 52 blog posts.  Can you believe it?  I know I can't.  LOL!
     In case you wonder what I look like, I am Caucasian, of Irish & English descent.  I have brown eyes, and graying, yet also dark brown hair (I color it).  I stand 5 feet, 5 inches tall and weigh 230 pounds (I gained 90 pounds, thanks to antipsychotic medication).  People have said that I am "beautiful" and "cute", though I see myself as average.  I am 45 years old, and have entered menopause.
      My "normal"  personality is quiet, sweet, kind, intelligent, artistic, compassionate, patient, funny, and passionate.  When I am depressed, however, I cry a lot, I worry a lot, I fear the world.  I have a fiery streak, if you hurt me deeply, also.  In other words, if you hurt me, you'll hear about it, I'll probably end up using a lot of curse words. LOL!
      I spent some of my childhood in a nice community, and the later half of my childhood, in a poor, high crime city.  I went to vocational school,  in high school, where I studied agriculture.  It was a great atmosphere for me, I wasn't bullied like I was in public school.  Even as a child and teen, I went through depression.  My grades went up and down, like a yo-yo.
      I attempted college, at a very prestigious university, but I was also working full-time to pay for school, and was overwhelmed because I had no free time.  I was extremely depressed and my grades were only average and below average.  I later took classes at an Ivy League university's night school, and did really well, because I wasn't depressed.  It's highly possible that I will go back to college someday.
      I have had jobs working with animals, working in laboratories, working in the Biotechnology field, working in offices, working in supermarkets.  I currently work in a supermarket, and do volunteer work in the office at my church.
      I have been married for 19 years. He is an awesome, wonderful, amazing husband. We do not have any children. We have one deaf cat.  I am also, my wonderful mother's only child. I do not have much family on my father's side.  I do not see my father because he abused me.
      My favorite thing to do is listen to music, usually Rock & Roll, some Rap.  I also like to spend time with my family & friends, paint, read, cook, bake, and write this blog.  
     It is my goal, in life to let other people with mental illness know, that they are not alone, and to also let others know that people with mental illness have feelings, hopes and dreams, like "normal" people.
     I hope that you will share my blog with your trusted family and friends, so that I may fulfill my dream of getting my blog out into the world.  So, please read, like & share!  Thank you!

2 comments :