Thursday, March 14, 2013

     I saw my therapist on Tuesday.  She told me that she "didn't need to worry" about me at this point, that I was doing pretty well.  Yes, I have a lot of times where I feel down, but things are on the upswing, currently.  It has been a difficult road, but I have managed to keep moving, forward.
     I think that I am able to keep going on, because of several factors.  I have a good amount of emotional support around me from doctors, therapists, family and friends.  I am learning to steer the direction of my own life, by doing things like working where I want to work, doing volunteer work, attending a center for adults with Mental Illness, creating this blog, and doing things that please me.  I am starting to ponder going back to college or taking an art class.
      My therapist also told me that considering that I have a serious mental illness, I do remarkably well in life.  I think that I am starting to believe her.

1 comment :

  1. This is very joyful news. I am so proud of your progress, I feel your involvement with NAMI and the hope center is extremely positive and helping you progress and reach out to the world.

    ReplyDelete