Thursday, May 2, 2013

     Today is Thursday, and my much-needed vacation has started.  Hooray!  I am so happy!  I am so relieved.  I only work part-time, but I've been so ill these past 5 weeks.  I need a break.
     I wondered, if I'd make it, or if I'd fall apart.  My body is so tired, so worn out.  My mind wants to get lost in deep, wonderful, sleep.
     My body is battling peri-menopause (and the end of a terrible cold).  My mind battles Schizoaffective Disorder and PTSD.  When you combine all these ailments, its a dicey situation.  Basically, for the mind to be healthy, the body has to be healthy.  And when the mind is unhealthy, people tend to neglect their bodies health.
    I am getting more sleep now, but its a mystery, why I still have no appetite, and why I have developed a real aversion to green foods.  I have only lost 6 pounds, so far, and my doctors are not concerned.  I, however, am a bit concerned, because, I have Diabetes, and I think that not eating a lot of the time is, well, not good.
    My mood is pretty good, Thank God.  I did not become depressed with the onset of peri-menopause, but I did have auditory hallucinations in the form of music, a few weeks ago, when I had that terrible cold.
     I am planning to spend my vacation with my husband, and some of my friends.  I am also hoping to visit my Mom, in Maine for a few days.

No comments :

Post a Comment