Wednesday, July 24, 2013

     About 3 hours after I woke up this morning, my lungs hurt, and my right ear ached.  "Here we go again", I thought to myself.  Fortunately, I did not have to go to work today, so I made an appointment with my physician.  She told me that my asthma was exacerbated, and that my ear hurt because I was congested.  It was probably caused by allergies, the air quality  (it has been extremely humid and hot), or possibly, I was coming down with a cold.  She increased the dosage of my steroid inhaler, and told me to use my Albuteral several times a day, and to take allergy medication.
    It occurred to me, this evening, while talking to a friend, that I have a lot of physical ailments, including, asthma, arthritis, GERD, & Diabetes.  This could be a hereditary thing, but I think that it is no coincidence, that my body suffers, because my mind suffers.  The more stress a person is under, the more their body becomes sick.  Do other people feel the way that I do?
    I also have noticed that my doctors have to work especially hard to heal me, to find causes and cures for illnesses.  And sometimes they focus on my mind and less on my body.  Maybe they feel that my mind is the central computer to my body, and The Master Of All Things Physical.  What do you think?

No comments :

Post a Comment