Saturday, July 6, 2013

#68

     Right now, I'm battling bronchitis and asthma, so my body is sore and tired, but my mind is doing well.   I had been worried about the approaching, hot, summer months, because they bring back bad memories and flashbacks.
     I wrote about it last summer.  Basically, I talked about how spending the summer with my twisted, perverted father, during my childhood years has haunted me.  This summer seems different though.  I feel much happier than I did in past summers.  The weather has been extremely hot and oppressive, but it hasn't really triggered me yet.  Thank you, Lord, for bringing me peace!
     I don't know if other people with mental illness go through this also, but I have noticed, through my life, that I tend to get physically ill, a lot more than my healthy peers.  Personally, I think it is because my body spends so much time fighting off the stresses of PTSD and Schizoaffective Disorder, that it has little energy to fight off physical illnesses.  I have diabetes, high cholesterol, GERD, asthma, and I used to have a lot of migraines.  I tend to get colds a lot, which often leads to bronchitis, and other minor illnesses.
     I am very curious if other people with mental illnesses have this problem, of having a lot of physical illnesses as well.  Please feel free to give me feedback!

No comments :

Post a Comment