Wednesday, July 17, 2013

     I am over my bronchitis now, and no longer taking Prednisone.  The last few weeks were very scary for me, to say the least.  I was sick with bronchitis & asthma, and the Prednisone that I was taking, really messed with my mind.  I was extremely depressed and having suicidal thoughts, while taking it.  I am now, feeling much better, physically and emotionally.  For this, I am very thankful.
     I often wonder how many people on Earth, are extremely thankful, for everything that is given to them.I know that when I am feeling unstable, it is very hard for me to be appreciative and thankful of what life gives me.  But, when my mind is healthy, I am so thankful for my health, my sanity, my life.
     I wonder, often, if I were totally healthy, if I would have the same type of appreciation for the joys of life.
I am thankful for: my amazing husband, who will never give up on me; my wonderful mother, who has been with me through the worst of times; for my awesome friends who are so supportive and kind; for my crazy little, deaf cat, named Julie; for my cozy, little apartment that feels so safe; for my job, because they have always accommodated me, when I needed to go into the hospital, or needed to take a medical leave; I am thankful for having food to eat; and for being a citizen of the USA, where I have freedom to write, freedom to be happy, and excellent medical care.
      Most of all, I am thankful, when God gives me a normal day, where I am able to function normally, and be at my best.  I've said it before, but on these days, I feel like a little kid, at Disneyworld.  Life is so joyous then.  I hope that everyone else, on Earth, feels the same way!

1 comment :

  1. This is truly uplifting and inspiring, thanks for sharing this with the world!!

    ReplyDelete