Thursday, July 11, 2013

     I have been taking Prednisone for my bronchitis / asthma, and I think that it is having a negative impact on my mind.  I have been feeling depressed and edgy for days, and this morning I was having thoughts of harming myself.  They were brief, involuntary thoughts. In my mind's picture I saw myself, harming myself.
I felt scared, confused, and overwhelmed.  I haven't felt that way since my last hospitalization, which was about a year and a half ago.
     I have come a long way, over the past year and a half though.  I would never act on  suicidal thoughts now.  I really want to live.
     So, I called my physician and explained to the nurse that I was concerned about the fact that I was feeling so miserable and having scary thoughts.  My doctor decided to taper it so tomorrow will be my last day taking it.  They will also inform my psychiatrist.  They also insisted that I go to the hospital, if I continue to feel that way.
      I think that in the future, I will need a different medication, other than Prednisone, if my asthma acts up.
And I feel some relief knowing that tomorrow will be my last day taking it.

No comments :

Post a Comment