Sunday, December 16, 2012

     I have been saddened by another massacre, committed, in an elementary school, in Connecticut.  The shooter was supposedly mentally ill.  This sickens me, because innocent children died, unmercifully.  And it sickens me, that because of this killer, the mentally ill population are given a bad reputation, therefore, increasing the stigma against the mentally ill.  I want to say horrible, vulgar things about the killer, because, I am so disgusted by him, but he does not deserve the attention, even dead.
     I believe that most mentally ill people can be treated with medication and psychotherapy.  But, I also know that many mentally ill people have slipped through the cracks and their conditions go untreated because 'We don't have the resources".  Well, I'd like to say to the Government: "FIND THE RESOURCES".

1 comment :

  1. I couldn't agree more. Resources need to be found, no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete